Friday, November 09, 2007

george's writing house

In reference to my writing house, I have mentioned to a few friends that I have been intrigued by the writing house of William Carlos Williams. I woke up this morning and realized it is not Williams I meant, but George Bernard Shaw! (link to his writing hut above) Forgive the confusion. Maybe it is the paint fumes . . . It is George Bernard Shaw's rotating writing house that I find so cool. Mine does not rotate, but it has a large window on each of 3 sides and soon it will have electricity, so I should get plenty of light. Hopefully we'll get the replacement window installed this weekend so I can finish painting and install a small heater. The books have taken over the house. They and I need a dedicated space.

A favorite quote:

"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

George Bernard Shaw

This is also a favorite quote of my lovely friend Annette.



No comments:

Post a Comment