Friday, September 21, 2007

a simple list

Books I have read since April:

The History of Love
by Nicole Krauss
the most complete, beautifully written novel I have read lately - go read this book

Away
by Amy Bloom
brings to vivid life a lovely, ballsy pogrom survivor who journeys to and across America during the late-Vaudeville to early-Hollywood era

No Boundaries
Prose Poems by 24 American Poets
Edited by Ray Gonzales
still digesting this one

Him With His Foot in His Mouth & Other Stories
by Saul Bellow
now known to my writing consciousness as Mr. jolly segue way

Barbarian in the Garden
by Zbigniew Herbert (Polish poet)
this book ties together so many bits of art and political history previously floating adrift in my brain and made me feel a barbarian in my own country-in a good way!

Speaking of Faith
by Krista Tippett
rational, sane, uplifting

I've Hear the Vultures Singing
by Lucia Perillo
dry, honest, excellent collection (by my former poetry professor)

Romantic Affinities
Portraits from an Age
by Rupert Christiansen
fun but often sad reading

No comments:

Post a Comment